My Love for Music
I wouldn’t be surprised if my first words were “turn it up”.
- Singing every lyric to Garth Brooks when I was younger in the car with my Dad.
- Butterfly kisses being my dad & I’s song because I gave him and my mom butterfly kisses every night before I went to bed & will be the song we dance to when I get married. (and the song he cries too)
- Dedicating NSYNC songs to my many childhood crushes & listening to track 8 because I was specifically told not to. (such a rebel)
- Joseph (Broadway musical) soundtrack & Phantom of the opera being CD’s we played in the car quit often.
- Disney music reminds me more of my junior and senior year of highschool than my childhood. Except for Hercules we listened to that album in the car a lot too.
- Britney spears – hit me baby one more time, when me and Hannah learned the dance and thought we were the coolest kids. Radar- reminds me of a few nameless highschool GUY friends who jammed out to this song on the way to wendys one time for off campus lunch.
- Buying Christina Aguilera’s stripped album & Beyonce’s Dangerously In Love at Barnes & Noble before my familys road trip to Michigan with June. Man I got in troooooouble!
- My Chemical romance (How the Edge stole Christmas) being my first Rock concert closely followe by Linkin Parks Project Revolution Concert.
- S.O.S by Rihanna playing in Haleys car the day she got her license and we drove around for the first time.
- Jamming to Fall Out Boy with my volleyball girls on the way to kick butt.
- Screaming Emery when I was Happy, sad, or angry.. It was always glorious and more often then not always with Holly. We like to pretend me can scream like them.
- Working out to UnderOath
- Rocking out to Breaking Benjamin’s Had Enough when I was heartbroken & angry as well as Katy Perry’s Circle The Drain.
- Hillsong is what I have always loved to worship to along with others.
- Healer by Kari Jobe and many Casting Crowns songs are what I resort to when I am in need of some uplifting.
- Phil Wickham reminds me of Chase Oaks (Epoch) when I first started going
- Cats in the Cradle makes me think of the day I found out all we had to do was play that song if we wanted to ask my dad for something.
- Wicked is just amazing
- Glee is a favorite of my brother & I. We like to play it loud so we can sing a long.
- Admitting I liked Katy Perrys new album & listening to it nonstop for maybe a month.
- Oh, Tonight by the Josh Abbott Band being the song on Freelin & I’s 3rd or 4th date when we went to the park at night and he pulled out his guitar and we sang it to eachother. (If his guitar is in arms length at any hangout he will make me sing it) Oh & Addi telling him to play “sarahs song” so we can sing it and she looks at me to sing the girls part together.
- & so much more!!! Music clearly has a special place in my heart and I am definitely missing a lot of memories this is just something I came up with at the moment.